This Privacy Notice lets you know what happens to the personal data we use and hold when you use our services.
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you must ensure that it is accurate, up to date and that you have their authorisation to do so. You should make sure that you provide them with a copy of this Privacy Notice or let them know how to access it. Where this Privacy Notice refers to “you” this also includes data about anyone you have placed an order on behalf of.
Who we are?
This Privacy Notice is for services provided by Manns Wharf Ltd. The data protection officer in relation to this notice is Kristi Fuller. Any queries in relation to this Privacy Notice should be made via our contact form.
What information do we collect?
Outlined below is a list of the types of information we may use or hold about you to deliver our products and service.
- Personal and contact details including your name, address and telephone number;
- Records of your contact with us and your payment details;
- Details of products and services you have received;
- Marketing information, including records of marketing communications, details of what you may be interested in, analysis and profiles we build up about you and your interests, and whether you open or read communications or links;
- Information about your health or if you are a vulnerable customer – for example, details of allergies and dietary requirements or property access information for delivery – if these are needed to provide our services to you;
- Details of your usage of any of our websites or apps, details of your phone and its software (e.g. browser and set up information), browsing history, and other details obtained via cookies or similar technologies (see our Website Terms for more details); and Third party transactions, such as where a person other than you pays for or uses our service(s).
We may be unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Sources of your personal data
The information we hold comes from different sources. These are:
- You directly, and any information from family members, people ordering on your behalf or beneficiaries of products and services (for example, if they are authorised to act for you);
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services; and,
- Intermediaries (such as social media sites) we use to provide information to you.
How do we use personal information?
The information is used by us and our partner companies for payment and order processing. The reasons for using your personal data are below.
- To provide you with our products or services or decide whether to do so:
- Communicating with you and holding records about our dealings and interactions with you;
- To manage the operation of our business;
- To manage the operation of our business and business partners that provide our services;
- Updating your records and recovering debt;
- To share information as needed with business partners as required for managing your orders or as part of
providing, administering or developing our products and services or our business.
For our legitimate interests or those of others:
- To develop our products or services using the information we hold;
- To continually develop, improve and manage our products and services;
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels;
- To test and improve the performance of our products, services, processes and systems;
- To improve the operation of our business – and that of our business partners – for example, by improving customer
service and operational performance and efficiency;
- To develop new products and services, and to review and improve current products and services;
- For management and auditing of our business operations – including accounting;
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below);
- To understand our customers, their use of our products, their preferences and develop models, including
developing profiles, algorithms and statistical models;
- To send marketing by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels (e.g. using Facebook Custom
Audiences and Google Custom Match).
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and business partners based on your use of our
products and services;
- For market research, profiling, and analysis and developing statistics;
- To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business;
- To share information with business partners as necessary for the purposes listed in this notice; and
- To comply with our legal obligations such as our financial services or regulatory obligations such as our financial
services or regulatory obligations, including Financial Conduct Authority, Prudential Conduct Authority and Financial Ombudsman Service rules, regulations and guidance.
With your consent or explicit consent:
- For some direct marketing communications which are not based on our legitimate interests;
- For some of our profiling and other automated decision making which is not required for contractual or legal
- For some of our processing of special categories of personal data, such as about your health, if you are a
vulnerable customer, if another legal basis does not apply.
When do we share personal data?
The categories of third parties we use are listed below. We will use these third parties for all the reasons we have described in this notice and they may process the types of personal information we also hold or use.
- Within Manns Wharf Ltd. to enable order processing and delivery;
- With service providers who are a part of providing products and services to you or help us to operate our
- Police and law enforcement agencies if we are required, or to support a criminal investigation;
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Ombudsman’s Service, and the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- Organisations and businesses who provide services to us under our authority such as service providers, debt recovery agencies, IT companies, and suppliers of business support services; and
- Market research organisations who help us to develop and improve our products and services.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we rely on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time by using the contact details in the Contact Us section below.
Transfers outside of the UK and Europe
Your personal information may be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area, for example to service providers. If we do so, we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place where required, for example by using approved contractual agreements or other legal arrangements unless certain exceptions apply.
Retention of your personal data
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we provide products or services to you and then for as long as is legally required up to six years;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance; or
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs.
Your data protection rights
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under UK data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances so your request may not always be granted. If you wish to use any of them, we will explain when we respond to you if they apply or not, or if we will comply or not with your request, including the reasons why.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased;
- The right to request access to your personal information and how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws – https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact our DPO for more details on all the above.
You have a right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data used for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the contact details listed below to exercise these rights.
Opting out of marketing
You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication. You can also contact us via our contact form.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes periodically.
Contact Us or our DPO
You can use the contact details below or you can go to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to Manns Wharf Ltd., Unit C20 Centre Court, Waggon Road, Mossley, OL5 9HL, marking it for the attention of the DPO or contact us via our contact form.